Our sweet, darling David LOVES to take a bath nowadays. He hears water running and he comes running, excitedly inquiring "Bass?" while beginning to remove his shirt. He barely had breakfast before he asked for a bass today, so of course I obliged! "Happy Birthday kiddo - you're going to pretty much get your way today!"
"Yes, that means you can play on my iPad..." It's so cute to watch him play Freefall Spelling or Toca Doctor or ABC Go. Then on to second breakfast!
It was a nice, fairly typical day. We read some of his favorite books, such as Happy Baby Things That Go and Byron Barton's Trains. Watched some Backyardigans. Played with our wooden train set. (He can say "James" and "Thomas" and "Top'm Hat" but he always confuses who is the conductor and who is the blue engine, so cute!) He played hoops and races with Sam and Charlie while I did my regular household things, and he napped, and we all waited for Dad to get home from work and Isaac from skiing so we could start the party. Charlie was dying to eat his own Costco muffin and help open the pile of presents!
Just a couple days earlier, on Christmas morning, it was such a hassle to get David interested in opening his gifts! He saw something from his stocking or that Charlie had already opened and that was quite fun enough to hold his attention, thank you very much. But this time? He got it! He had so much fun opening each package and playing with it for just a moment. (He definitely revisited the toys after all was undone.
And then it was bedtime... but we decided to snuggle together as a family and watch an episode from one of our new blu-rays (Wild Pacific) first. I forced Mark to make an image of me with my littlest sweetheart, now not so very little.
It is really hard to believe that two whole years have passed since David came into our lives. Each day with him is a delight to us all, still. We haven't quite gotten up the energy to move him in with his brothers yet - there are some logistical issues to resolve, but also (mainly?) I don't think Dad is ready to give up his nightly routine of reading and singing him to sleep just the two of them, and I adore my morning wake-up snuggle so much! Isaac and Sam are both clammoring to be his future roommate though - don't blame 'em.
You are the hub of our family wheel, Davey-doo, even if you won't say very many words yet (or poor Isaac's name).













great pictures, Kerri. I definitely am feeling we need a visit soon - lol. I see a little of Isaac in him in the bath-tub photo. will he even say Hiya? love U
ReplyDeleteKerri, a child could not be more adorable than little David. Your pictures and words are precious, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteAh, he looks so big and beautiful! Happy Birthday David!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for mentioning the iPad apps. I'm always on the look out for new good ones.