Have you read anything from Catherine Newman yet? Her
parenting blog (called the Dalai Mama), or her book (
Waiting for Birdy - I gotta get my copy to Val), or her column in Wondertime magazine? She is so honest and funny and... articulate? That's probably not the word I'm looking for. I, like every single one of the women who deign to comment on her blog, feel she is
exactly like me and has been given the divine gift to eloquently write it down
for me. The point is that I get enormous pleasure out of what she writes, sometimes the laugh-out-loud kind of pleasure and sometimes the poignant-commiseration kind of cathartic pleasure. So check it out sometime. But probably only if you're a mom.
Uh-oh. I just noticed Charlie with what
used to be Sam's styrofoam cup of soil & seed.
"My FLOWER!!!" screams Sammy with genuine tears. (Oh, honey. I really am sorry.) Back to my very own version of mommihood.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCharlie looks like he was eating the dirt!! What kind of mother are you, anyway??? I think beans sprout really fast if you want to do a do-over with Sammy. Love you
ReplyDeleteCharlie's face is so precious in this picture!
ReplyDelete