Zoo Boise may not be in the same league with San Diego (heh) or Phoenix or Woodland Park, but it's really pretty great. Great programs, like the homeschool classes Sam & Isaac attended, and nice extras like the Wallabee Walkabout and feeding the giraffes. And they have an awesome assortment of big cats, and gotta love the penguins, and the lemurs... So we go a lot more often than I bring a camera, but I did this time.
Haha, Charlie took that last picture!
After the zoo we stayed in Julia Davis park for a little bit to continue finding planets in the scale model of the solar system. Sam started after the Discovery Center visit, locating the Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Earth. On the far side of the zoo we found Mars and Saturn. Next time we're over there with some time we'll start over at the Sun and try to walk all the way to Pluto (assuming they created the model before it was demoted). (FYI: I did google around and discovered it should follow west along the Boise Greenbelt.)













No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.