February 4, 2013

The Birthday that Almost Wasn't

Charlie's, though of course by the time his big day actually rolled around he is completely healed and even his scar is looking much better! I couldn't resist referencing the miracle that Charlie's happy birthday represents.
After breakfast (waffles) Charlie wanted to open all his presents! Our next plans were not til after lunch so I figured playing with his gifts all morning was a great idea.
He got a stomp rocket, several books, a couple blaster guns, a Phineas & Ferb DVD & Madagascar 3 blu-ray, money (used for this awesome knight costume), a new Mario wii game, and an awesome Lego Construction kit.
About 1:00 we headed to play with cousins, eat cake & open more presents before ALL going to the Canyon County Kid's Expo. (I say "about" because we had to turn around just before we got on the freeway to get the candle Charlie had picked out special.) I was concerned about Charlie's cake as we are doing the Feingold diet right now and I had to be very careful what ingredients were in. I felt sooo bad he couldn't have the sprinkles he wanted! BUT, it was super delicious and he loved it, including the candle.
Charlie got some wonderful gifts from this side of the family as well: a Batman figure, bug trap, "factory" tools, and specialty "Charlie's Pellets" bags (the main present he wanted, created by Grandma D)!
The Expo, hate to say it, was super lame. Charlie thought it was cool enough, thank goodness. He played a lot in the jump houses and willingly stood in line (with me) for EVER to get his balloon sword. Most of the booths were basically advertising or selling something to adults, but with a bowl of candy so hey! that means it belongs at a kid's expo. (Oh yeah, and more torture keeping my children away from all the junk that cousins and everyone else were partaking.) Not to mention that a freaky looking Dora impersonator was there (a main attraction), along with an overly sexy little girls' pageant (just my opinion) and a judo demonstration and petting "zoo" that were okay.
Poor Lisa suffered through the awesome expo very pregnant so I had to get this "before" picture for her. She's glowing despite the discomfort, right?
Baby Lily was born less than two days later (morning of February 4th). And so miracles happen every day, and we are grateful, and we keep on living and loving.

1 comment:

  1. wow, Lisa was really preggers! glad Charlie had such a super day!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.