Charlie is 43.5 inches tall and about 35 pounds, an increase since his loss of weight in October, but his picky eating style is not helping him any! He sometimes stutters when he is upset and/or doesn't think people are paying enough attention to him. I love that he still has chipmunk cheeks, tiny Peter Pan teeth, and his right eyebrow arches higher than his left. He has reached the insatiably curious "Why?" stage, which is truly so much fun.
We sat down a day or two after his birthday and held the official review.
Favorite food: Cheesy chips, chocolate milk, and fruit snacks.
Least favorite: Dinner (then he added: spaghetti).
Favorite movie: Despicable Me
Favorite show: Peep and the Big Wide World
Thing you do best: Play House and make up names.(It's really true! His role play characters always have the most crazy names.)
Favorite game: Hide & Seek. (I have to add, along with playing House, Factory, Doctor, Firefighter and Evil King, he plays with play doh and Legos every day and he definitely loves a few iPad games, like Angry Birds - Star Wars edition, as well.)
Best words to describe you: Worker. Funny.
Favorite book: Duck, Rabbit and The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
Favorite song: "Baby You're a Firework"
Favorite season: Christmas
Best friend: Dawson Clevenger
Best memory from the past year: Visiting cousins in Iowa.
Favorite place to go: Grandma Golden's house. (I'll add that he loves to play at the park, any cousin's home, and Grandma Dame's.)
Favorite thing about our family: Doing funny things together.
What do you want to be when you grow up: Seven
If you had one wish, what would it be:
None. (Stunning lack of his characteristic imagination on these last ones. I fully expected him to say he'd be a real super hero or fireman or pellet maker, and wish to have a real light saber, or be able to fly or shoot webs, or at least that we
wouldn't make him go to church or put medicine on his scar anymore.)
Charlie is delightful and having his unique personality in our family definitely adds a fun flair to every day.






I want to be seven when I grow up too :)
ReplyDeleteAh, I feel so touched that we Iowans made it on the list! Everytime we drive around the bend in the river where we walked and played that day, Owen says, "This is where we played with Charlie and David." Funny that association stuck so firmly in his head.
ReplyDeleteWhat a doll little Charlie is!