December 4, 2012

Flubber and other fun

Our good friends, fellow homeschoolers, invited the boys over to make flubber the other day. Samuel nearly died of curiousity, not knowing what flubber is. (I think the dying part was his dread in case it was going to be lame, but it wasn't.)
Samuel and Ammon have had their ups & downs but are still the closest thing to best friends a son of mine has had, outside of brothers.
 David spent his time in the dress-up clothes and checking out the battery-powered train.
This is my girl! No, really. She puts her arms out for me to hold her and snuggles me every time I see her, even if it's just because I left the room and re-entered. How could I help but love her?
Charlie resisted participation at first (even tried to avoid coming by refusing to get dressed) but when it was time to play with the flubber, he really enjoyed himself.
In November, we attended the grand re-opening party of our local library. They had treats and read a new Elephant & Piggie book in the newly designed children's area, and they had a photo booth set up with fun props.
The other day Charlie roped his brothers into building a city from blocks. Sometime in that game, Isaac & Samuel decided to make something else. What do you think?
If you can't quite tell from this angle, it is the rough outline of the United States. Obviously, I thought it was pretty well done from memory alone and dealing with the constraints the other creations put on them for space and materials.
One recent evening all the boys piled into the tub together (slightly against their will but we were short on time or hot water or something). I'm pretty sure it will be the last time so I had to commemorate it. Being their mom is so awesome!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.