My super awesome big-sister-in-law was in town for Thanksgiving this year. Her husband, also pretty awesome, was with her for part of the visit but not actually on turkey day. Sharee was left behind, as it were, to continue to care for their adopted newborn son until the paperwork was all signed and filed and it was legal for her to take him back to their home in Arizona.
It was really a special and spiritual experience to be around them during this process, and especially touching when I got to witness them Skype to their other kids, back in AZ, that they had a new brother. I have a LOT of blessings to be thankful for and this was a poignant reminder of my favorite one: my family. But really it's more than that because it goes back to the ultimate blessing: my Savior. Following Him is what brought me to Mark and has given us our children. I love how Thanksgiving provides the perfect sentiment to kick off the Christmas season.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.