The weekend of May 12-16 my mom & Chris came to visit. Grandma & Grandpa Golden have been exhausted by their regular life lately, and wanted to get some R&R while simultaneously enjoying their grandchildren. Tall order perhaps, but I think they pulled it off. The key: sleeping in late and only scheduling a couple hours of activity a day. After rolling into town Thursday evening, they took it easy most of the day Friday... until we hit the Apple Blossom Festival in Payette! Chris treated us all to unlimited rides and that made it a whole different carnival from the low key experience I'd imagined. So much better!!
Not everyone enjoyed every ride, but everyone had a chance to try every ride they wanted to - and repeat their favorites! Rest assured, I had my share of fun, and David did too. We really had it all: Squeals of delight, wind in your hair, cotton candy, goofy mirrors, cheeseburgers & fries, top of the world, caramel apples, balloon popping, Minion winning, family bonding.
Thanks for treating us to such a great time on your visit, Goldens!













how fun! Great pictures!
ReplyDeleteLOOOOOOVVe the pictures! Especially on the black background. Such happy colors! We need another photography club day so I can ask you a million questions. I just don't know what to ask yet! :/
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is Sam and Isaac holding hands. The definition of... I don't know ...innocent trust and accepted love. It brought back memories for me. You and Danny brought out the best in us with your honest and trusting love.
ReplyDeleteThe Kingdom of God belongs to men who have hearts as trusting as these little children. Luke 18:16
It's a daunting task for you to help keep your childrens hearts trusting but there bodies honed sturdy and there defenses strong as the disciples that walked with Jesus. Good job mom and dad!
Love Auntie Stew