I really did interview Charlie the day after his birthday but somehow the video didn't make it onto my hard drive and once I realized I needed to re-do it... well, I kind of let a whole month pass. Trying to make up for it, I spent over 30 minutes trying to get some great essence-of-Charlie footage. I've edited that down to under 8 minutes, but really I'm still not a very good interviewer. I think I say that after every kids' birthday - you'd think I'd learn!
Some of the real "Charlie-isms" are how he watches "woovies" through "Necklace" on the wii, saying things he doesn't want to do "scare" him, and of course the firefighter obsession. He often begs to be baptized and will argue with us that he is 8 years old! But try to get him to help clean up the playroom and he quickly tells us he is too little and it scares him! He makes a fort or a "bashine" (machine) out of couch cushions and blankets every day. Sometimes the couch becomes his garbage truck and he dumps toys and books and you-name-it piled high. He loves to lead us in singing at bedtime or FHE, loves all Cat & the Hat/ Dr. Seuss, and is a really determined boy... He even thinks if he wants to, he can "hold it" forever! Yeah, still learning that one. He is my Charlie Bug and I still nibble his cheeks and ears when I can. Then he tells me, "I'm not tasty, I'm your friend!"


Thank you Kerri~ Thank you! Love Sue
ReplyDeleteOMGosh - perfect pitch! I remember him being musically inclined as a baby, and now see how he has developed. :-) Lovely interview, I don't know why you doubt yourself. Your work is always exemplary. Love you...
ReplyDelete