September 23, 2010

Seattle Trip - Lunch at the Locks & the Lake

I have a name that was very common for little girls in the seventies, though there was no consensus on the spelling. I went to school with several Keri, Kari, Carri, Carrie, Kerrys. During my senior year of high school, good fortune brought me my last Carrie (so far). We were together a lot in the beginning because our boyfriends were best pals but she & I stuck together long after those boys faded away. We were housemates for a time (again those "between years") then she left for fashion school in NYC and I headed to BYU. We've kept in touch but hardly seen each other over the years. I went from Utah (to London to Utah) to Idaho (to Brazil to Idaho) and had 4 boys. She worked on the set of Law & Order: SVU, got to create a few shirts for Mariska Hargitay on the side, and experienced having a baby in the Big Apple. But now she's moved back to Seattle! Finally a chance for us to get together (though we've still not met each other's husbands)...


We met at her apartment and walked to pick up lunch and eat it outside at the Locks. (We also visited the locks last year with Mark.) It was awesome to get to see Matthias in person, her adorable son, and a little less awesome trying to keep my boys entertained while we caught up. We did the best we could, and I'm grateful for what we managed!


When it was time for Matthias' nap, Carrie took him home and I took my boys to check out Gasworks Park just around the corner on Lake Union.


I hadn't taken them here before and I wanted to show them the view and try getting a few decent pictures while they played.



Poor, overtired Charlie was really not up for it and it was probably not the most loving, motherly choice to extend the outing.


He'd just stepped in a puddle that was deeper than he expected in that shot.
Okay, okay, definitely time to head back to Grandma's house... One last picture...


Awwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.