September 20, 2010

Seattle Trip - Greenlake with Good Friends

Labor Day I hit the road with the boys and my brother, headed up to Seattle. We hadn't been there since last August, for shame! I always love visiting my old stomping grounds. Cross the Snoqualmie Pass and I feel like I'm breathing deeper. (Until I get a few more miles down the freeway and hit the traffic!) We hit that traffic a bit sooner this time - duh! Traveling on Labor Day wasn't my best idea ever; it added about two hours to our drive time. The boys did fabulously, but we were famished and tired when we finally got to my mom's. A million and forever THANKS to my bro for being along for the drive!!


I was so thrilled my first day in town to meet up with Meggie and Catherine - two dear friends of mine from my "in-between years." (After high school but before I pulled it together and went away to college.) They are both on the path to becoming medical personnel extraordinaire - Meg as a doctor and Cat as a nurse practitioner.



We met at Greenlake and walked halfway around, then back, then sat on a dock as the sun came out and let David crawl around between us. A perfectly lovely afternoon!

 

I was drawn to these girls originally because of their compassion, intelligence, and loveable quirkiness. It was truly a joy to find those things unchanged, though we are now women with quite a bit more life experience.


Here's to keeping in touch better the next 10 years, ladies! (If you both end up in New Zealand, I'll come too! Do they heat their homes with pellets down there, I wonder?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.