August 18, 2010

Putting on a Play

One of the several children's magazines we get and LOVE is the church publication called The Friend. It has inspiring stories, Highlights-style games, kids' submissions, and suggested activities and recipes. In the August issue there is a simple little play based on 2 Kings 5:1-15 that particularly attracted the attention of my young niece Abby. She desperately wanted to put on the play, but being the only child in her home old enough to do any sort of acting, her mom called around and arranged for all us Idaho family to get together Monday for play rehearsal with the grand performance scheduled for after dinner at Grandma & Grandpa's house.


Isaac was Naaman the leper. He cut out the "spots" for his sores himself. Sam was the King of Israel. Natali, the narrator, was also the costume director for anyone seeking her advice. I never quite pictured the prophet Elisha in a red beret, but I think having an elaborate costume helped Mack get into character!

 
The kids and the audience had a great time! Full-length video of the production available on youtube.

1 comment:

  1. So very much wish I could have seen that production. Why am I not surprized at Sam being the king?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.