January 29, 2010

My (not so) Super Model

This awesome local photographer, Christie Peterson, was waiving her newborn session fee in January (and Feb) so I just had to take advantage of that and get some pro shots of little David.
She prefers working with babes 6-10 days old because they are so dead-asleep most of the time and "squishable" (i.e. pose-able) but between me not calling her until David was 2 weeks old, and weather fouling up the lighting (she's strictly natural light), we ended up with one-month-old portraits instead.
This one (above) might be my favorite... they're all so sweet! It really is impressive what she managed to capture because, despite keeping him awake an extra hour beforehand, David just wouldn't go to sleep! Well, obviously he did fall asleep a bit, but he would wake up between almost every pose, requiring us to be very patient! (And thanks to Spencer watching the big boys for extra long.)
Love that fabric drop made to look like wallpaper! When David was asleep, he had a definite preference for where he wanted his head (on his right side).
Below, check out those eyes winking open...
Christie has also provided me with b/w and sepia versions of most shots.

So, which is your favorite?

10 comments:

  1. How can you even pick? He is absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwe, I'm sooo glad you love them! YAY!!!!! :0) I'm tickled PINK! Or blue for that matter hehe! My favorite, IF I *HAD* to choose would be the very last one! Although, I DO love sepia's as well. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda really like the basket one - partly because he has that kissy-face similar to a shot I got when I was there. After that, I like the one with the pom-poms. Great job Christie! From Grandma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are PRECIOUS Kerri! He is VERY cute. I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all, but the first one just makes me want to give him a big squishy hug. What an adorable little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i *think* my favorite is the one of him in the suitcase. so precious! they're all so sweet though, it's really hard to pick just one. congratulations to you and your family...you have a beautiful baby on your hands :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO CUTE!!! Sophie loves these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Oh yes, the joys and challenges of newborn/available light photographers! It never fails...even at days old...the babes know something's up when a camera and a stranger are in front of their sleeping faces!

    I don't know which is my favorite...maybe buy one of those long frames and you can include them all?

    He's growing so fast!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.