As most of you know, life with a new baby is busy in a minimalistic kind of way. The first week of David's life, Mark's family helped every day they could by taking the big boys (which now means all 3 not-newborns) so that I could sleep or at least rest whenever David slept, to make up for the long nights when he was mostly trying to nurse. One day however, in fact the day after we brought David home, was a big day for the Dames... Spencer went to the temple to receive his own endowment! The whole local family went, and Sharee even flew into town for the day. I was very disappointed to miss it. BUT, still more happy to have David here and the whole pregnancy shenanigans behind us. Thankfully we had arranged a babysitter for the boys back when we assumed Mark & I would both be going, so I didn't have to try to manage my young brood solo. I didn't feel completely left out as Sharee and Spencer stopped by that night to see their newest nephew (and me).
So yeah, other than that day, Isaac Sam & Charlie weren't around much but they had a great time playing with Grandma & Grandpa, Melanie & Hattie, and other cousins. I did manage to get a few snapshots of my newest love while things were quiet:
Just when Grandma Dame was getting completely worn out, my mom flew into town! She was with us a whole week during which we attempted one outing with all of us- to the library. David had his check-up back at the Baby Place which also got he & I out of the house for an afternoon, and I also managed to go to WalMart alone and to a YW Presidency meeting. Isaac had his first two basketball practices. And we even had a mini-pre-birthday party for Charlie. Mostly Grandma Golden kept the big boys occupied so I could continue to get some rest, or held David while I ate/showered/gave some attention to other children; and she managed to keep the house from descending into a chaos of clutter and dirty dishes too! Here is some photographic evidence of Grandma Golden's week:
And so the first two weeks of the rest of our lives has past.
















Great pictures! I love the one of Mark and baby asleep on the floor. Their mouth shapes are the same, aren't they? Darling baby! Thanks for the post. I love keeping up with your family news.
ReplyDeleteThanks for everything, darling! So glad we could commemorate Charlie's "glubs".
ReplyDeleteLooks like it was time well spent. Baby shots are always adorable, but I'm particularly entertained by those motion pics of the Big Brothers!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your addition!
darrrrling, I will see you Sat!
ReplyDelete