August 4, 2009

Mark's B-day

I am truly grateful for my wonderful husband so I tried to weave some celebration into the day, though it began with loading up the car for our long drive trip to Seattle. He opened a couple of presents before we hit the road, and we stopped at Snoqualmie Falls along the way.
Snoqualmie Falls
Mark had never been before! The falls are only about 30 miles from where I grew up/where Mark lived for several years. It was definitely a welcome stretch of the legs and Sam made it more so by running back towards the car before we realized it...
Charlie hugging Isaac Snoqualmie
I hung out with Charlie and Isaac while Mark searched for Sam and brought him back to us.
Mark & the boys Snoqualmie
We had some yummy teriyaki for dinner before getting to our final destination, where my mom waited with cake & ice cream.

Before digging in, he opened his final present: the ultrasound pictures & card telling him we are having another boy! (The card is hidden behind Charlie's head, but the unsigned version is in the previous post.)
Mark getting another BOY
And that's how we celebrated Mark's birthday and kicked off our vacation. One of these days I really will get around to creating a much deserved Mark Tribute post... promise! (Though even that would be more for me than for him, he's so humble.)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that one of the photos I took for you turned out. I of the shaking hands - lol.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.