March 20, 2009

Blue & Green

I was looking through my digital design files the other night and noticed this theme...

Those rooms make me so happy! Then House Beautiful came this month with a more traditional home designed by Lynn Morgan all in shades of mostly blue with accents in green...

I wouldn't mind moving right in!

I can never decide which is my favorite color. Guess that's why my kitchen is green and the living areas are blue. I love the idea of not deciding: use them both! Maybe I can make our new class/playroom a lovely combo like these. I am definitely hooked on blue & green. You can go to Julia's blog to see what others are Hooked on Fridays.

(First four images are designed by: Celerie Kemble, Katie Ridder, Steven Gambrel and ? all found on flickr)

8 comments:

  1. I love it! I wish I had a knack for decorating (and doing it cheaply). We have white walls everywhere and I wouldn't mind painting them, but I'm just not so good with colors and choosing. I need you to come and help!

    I've been wondering...since you are a huge Lost fan, do you own Seasons 3 and 4? We stopped watching after season 2 b/c Paul lost interest. ANd I can't bring myself to watch them online (I can't exactly explain why...I guess I just don't like the idea of watching tv on the computer). And they are too expensive to rent. So if you own them, by chance, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love blue and green. It's so soothing and comforting. My DH is red/green color blind so I don't use much green in my home (boo!), but every room has blue in it.

    Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love blue and green, it's unusual and fresh

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I absolutely love blue and green. It wasn't until just last week, that my hubby told me that he didn't like blue walls (of any shade)...strange man.
    ~angela @ peonypatch

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the second picture -- so light and airy! Those colors really complement each other very well.

    By the way: love the name of your blog and the quote it's derived from!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blue and green. I read somewhere that every person can name what their palette is, and they can decorate off of that. I am a blue and green person. I do the upstairs blue (definitely the master bedroom), and the downstairs green. I don't really mix the two very much, although whenever I see a fabric that has both blue and green I always love it (pale shades of the two).

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.