January 29, 2009

Another Domino Falls

I haven't written much about this facet of my personality, but I loooove shelter magazines. Well, the good ones. Which, in my very specific opinion, consists of only about 3 or 4 titles. House Beautiful being my favorite by a slim margin over Domino, followed again closely by Traditional Home. Occasionally I'd pick up an issue of Elle Decor, O at Home, Cottage Living and the like, or a Martha or BHG special edition. Anyhoo, it was announced yesterday that there will be just one more issue of Domino - it can no longer generate the ad revenue to keep printing. That is a real bummer to me as so many of their columns were completely unique... but the even bigger bummer is that so many other shelter mags have shut down already this year and the rest are hanging on by a thread. All the rest! See this article for the sad deets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.