That's my new PC wallpaper, snagged here. From the French Alps. Some people like to view an Island Oasis in the winter, but I prefer to maintain the mood of the season I'm in. At least for now.Something you probably noticed immediately: my blog's new look. I've been thinking & reading articles about fixed-width versus fluid-width web pages. (My previous layout was fluid-width, specifically "minima stretch".) Since I have this fabulous widescreen monitor, but actually since forever, I appreciate using all the space I've got. It really kinda bugged me to read everyone's blogs in one tiny center column, with no options for photo-arranging. (Rachel, I think that's what you thought was "so creative" about my posts.) But I've been frustrated with the lack of layout options for fluid-width and since I'm no html programmer, I'm not even going to think about flex-width (and if you care one whit what I'm talking about, google the terms).
Anyhow, the preponderance of evidence states that in fixed-width 1)you actually have greater control over the finished design of your blog and 2)the columns width maintains the most reader-friendly text margin. In other words, it is easier to read and however it looks like in my browser is how it looks to everyone else (which is NOT the case with a stretch layout).
Bonus: the plethora of free blogger layouts for us non-techies to download.
So, what do you think?
Me like! I wish I had these kind of options for our Team Golden Homes web site. Very pretty!
ReplyDeleteKerri, your blog is a work of art, for sure, and I enjoy it. The technical savy to be able to do that on my blog site is beyond me. I know I am old and one has a hard time teaching us new tricks, so I apologize for the same boring, small column blog site. You can skip my blog and I won't be offended. I too love scenes of winter during the cold and snow season, but I don't want to be there in it! Seeing is believing. Here in Texas it is still too cold for me in the winter.
ReplyDeleteI love it! Very festive! I spent days searching for a new background, and still liked my orgiginal boring one the most. Weird, eh?
ReplyDelete