November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Thoughts

This image is my current PC wallpaper. I don't know where it was taken (I downloaded it from here.) Mark & I are betting it's from somewhere in Europe. Anyway, we just love it. Doesn't it look like an awesome place to live? Or at least to rent for a long weekend with lots of friends or family?
Much as I'm happy right where I'm at (for now), I do love imagining walks over the bridge, through the trees, reading by the fire inside... and what it must be like there in the spring!

We'll be staying here this Thanksgiving, celebrating at the home of my dear parents-in-law. Fruitland/Ontario may not be similarly spectacular this time of year but as the hymn says "There is beauty all around, when there's love at home." So it will be a truly lovely holiday, I'm sure.

All In A Word...
T hanks for time to be together, turkey, talk, and tangy weather.
H for harvest stored away, home, and hearth, and holiday.
A for autumn's frosty art, and abundance in the heart.
N for neighbors, and November, nice things, new things to remember.
K for kitchen, kettles' croon, kith and kin expected soon.
S for sizzles, sights, and sounds, and something special that abounds.
That spells THANKS for joy in living and a jolly good Thanksgiving.
- Aileen Fisher

We have a long list of things we are grateful for this year, as usual. The 23rd was our seventh wedding anniversary. We kicked off this season of celebration by spending some quality time reflecting on our blessings.
Speaking of such, one more image to share: Charlie in the "shoe basket" with a rolling pin. He was singing as he rolled back & forth over his legs! That munchkin radiates enough joy to overwhelm us, even on the most go-wrong-grumpy days (like having to pick up all the shoes 500 times).
And, in case anyone was wondering (from the 8 Things post): the boys did fab during their Primary Program; I ended up saving us a pretty penny by downloading OpenOffice (love it) instead of purchasing the MS product; we did get a free sitter when we went to the temple; I'm now hooked on 30 Rock but don't watch at least 2 of the shows that were on my list; and (drum roll...) we'll be in Seattle December 22nd -29th.

2 comments:

  1. "...we'll be in Seattle December 22nd -29th"

    Yaay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Kerri! I'm grateful for friends like you! Even though it has been years since we've seen each other, I love reflecting on fun memories we made together. Lots of love going your way... xoxo...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.