
Ahhh. Staying at my mom's is so pleasant. Sammy battled a cough - or maybe it was allergies that he began to develop a tolerance to - but generally speaking the kids slept great all in the same room (with me too). Each morning after Grandma Golden got up, the boys received gifts from her "treasure box." They got new books, airplanes, and little animals. A favorite past time, in addition to the constant flying of airplanes, was sitting in the big chair with Grandma for stories. Charlie got into it too... though sometimes his choice in reading material is a little off (that's a DVD he brought to Grandma).

I didn't sleep so very much, but I still relaxed - played with my camera, read magazines, watched the Olympics or (totally addictive) Gene Simmon's Family Jewels. My mom babysat for me a few times so I also went out to see Dark Knight with my bro, went to a reunion dinner (dressed for that in photo above), and a casual reunion hang-out. My brother spent as much time as he possibly could with us, taking two days off work (thanks Dan!), and he was just the jolt of Dad-like testosterone they needed.




Great stuff, Ker. You know I always miss you guys more after you leave. I think I can attest that Sam's cough was indeed some kind of "bug", as he left it here with Grandma Golden. (bark, bark...) It was a wonderful visit. Hurry back. ;)
ReplyDelete