June 26, 2008

Assorted Charlie Goodness


Cute cute bath time pose captured Tuesday. In this case, yes Mike Meyers I am a bum looker.

Charlie got his first (and long overdue) haircut this morning. I forgot to take a "before" picture, so this is the best/most recent I could find: taken at the birthday party almost 2 weeks ago.

Here's "after." He didn't love the clippers - but he was much better behaved than Sam, who got a trim after Charlie & Isaac did. (Just around the ears but the neighbors probably think I was trying to scalp him from the terrorized screaming going on.)

Also taken today. Every afternoon there seems to be a lull when one or other of the boys asks me to read a story, or sometimes I'm just on the couch with my own book, and without fail Charlie will grab a book (or 2 or 3) and climb up next to me. Though he still hasn't developed the attention span for me to read him his own story, he loves to hold his books and I'm sure we have another reader in the making.

P.S. If you're wondering about the nice red gash under his left eye, that was caused by a dear little girl (his age) who doesn't like to share her toys. Guess we won't renew the family picture in McCall this year, darn it. (We're going up next week with much of Mark's extended family, including Cristi, a professional photographer and cousin-in-law, who took the blog title picture at last year's reunion.)

3 comments:

  1. Precious! Thanks for the dose of sweetness. I thought Sammy was the one who wanted his hair kept short??? I wouldn't pass up the opportunity for a family portrait because one of the boys has a scratch. You never know what the future holds - next year it may be crutches... and recording the time is important. And by the way, good job on making Charlie a priority when the third kid usually get short shrift in the photo dept. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog site last week and spent time reading older postings. I loved it. Living in Texas seems to separate the news, but reading and seeing blogs keeps me "in touch." I am glad you can see my blog. I found yours by looking at Lana's "list". Now it is in my favorites.
    You have such cute boys. I remember when Mark was a baby. Charlie has many of his features.
    I realized the other day that I have never been to McCall to the Dame cabin. (Living so far away, for one reason). My 40 year class reunion is the first part of August and I will be there. Maybe I can drive to McCall with Linda and recall all those years of girls camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey nothing a little photoshop can't take care of! Let me know if you need some more photos! Be happy to do them!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.