April 9, 2008

Antsy for Spring


Cold weather has been dragggging on here. I have been more than a little jealous seeing the blogs of some of my SoCal friends recently. I want to be wearing my short-sleeved shirts! Though we're contending with arctic winds, the sun has been showing itself almost every day so I still count my blessings (poor Seattlites & their recent snow)! We (meaning Mark & the boys) finally planted a sub-division-required tree in the front corner of our yard to replace the one that died & was removed in the fall. It looks great. So does the absence of the ten scraggly, unscented, few-petaled-type rose bushes we uprooted recently. So we have a couple of empty flower beds now, awaiting my dad's green thumb and great eye for arranging a garden. Meantime, I have our two flowering plum trees, mini crabapple trees, and bulb flowers to watch as they are starting to believe that spring has arrived. Watch my "Blooming" sidebar for updates.

**Most Happy Happy Wonderful Milestone Birthdays to my brother, Dan, and niece, Kate, who turned 30 and 1 today, respectively. Hope it feels like the sun is always shining for you!**

P.S. Notice the (admittedly random) poll to the side? You know you want to see Yo Gabba Gabba! Just click it. After that intro clip, watch the "Party in My Tummy" clip, and any other episode clips you might be interested in (Gabba featuring Elijah Wood or Biz Markie?). Then come back and answer the question! [Update: Poll closed with 60% voting for "weird"]

2 comments:

  1. Man, I am with you. We have had lots of sun, but when you go outside it is bitter cold. Not sure about the Yo Gabba Gabba... :) I see some of Sammy-like energy there, which is fun. Miss you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. THings like Yo Gabba Gabba make me glad I don't have a TV.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.