March 1, 2008

Playing with Petts

When I was little - like Sam to Isaac's age - my best friend was Alicia Tweedy. She lived in the yellow house on the corner of my street. I mostly remember her beautiful long hair, fighting viciously over Barbie dolls and that she learned to tie her shoes before me. My brother had a preschool best friend, John Triplet, and they are still bosom buddies. I guess my point is just that you never can tell how significant a relationship will be, and it's a reminder to me as a parent not to underestimate how important friends are, even at this age.

Isaac & Sam are best friends with Molly & Jacob Pett. They lived around the corner from us (sharing a backyard fence) the first year we were back from Brazil and we're still just a few blocks away. It doesn't hurt that their mom, Christi, is an amazing person and friend of mine. Molly goes to preschool with Isaac, and Jacob & Sam have a brotherly love-hate thing going on. Mostly love. See (yeah they had matching outfits and haircuts without even planning it):
When adults are trying to be cute and ask Isaac if he has a girlfriend, he always answers straight-faced that Molly is his girl friend. He has no clue of any romantic attachment to those words, and I think it's completely adorable. (Recently it has come to my attention that some girls Isaac's age are beginning to get that "romantic" terminology, however. There are two (neither one is Molly) good, smart, gorgeous little girls who have asked their mommies if they can marry Isaac! What has he done to win such affection? I worry that already Isaac will be hurting feelings obliviously.) But I digress...

I caught some video of this powerhouse friendship foursome at play yesterday. It was ring-around-the-rosie at first but became more of a bear-hug-pig-pile in the end. Such fun! (Until someone is tired of it and Christi or I need to redirect them.) Just a glimpse of all the great times we have playing with Petts.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the photo of Isaac and Jacob hugging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so well and how fun! You guys need to come back for another Play Date really soon! And this time their rooms will be clean! I hope! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see kids still play those ancient games like ring-around-the-rosie. Thanks so much Kerri for the little movies that keep this grandma in touch from far away. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.