Sammy is so funny. Everyone knows that, right? All of a sudden he has decided that his wonderful slightly wavy hair is "crazy" and he needed it FLAT! At least ten times a day he would scream bloody murder because his hair had gotten messed. And by messed I mean he leaned back to a relaxed position on the couch. Using my fingers to brush it back into place? No way was that good enough.
"Mommmm! My 'air!! Make it flaaaat! Fffllllaaaaat I said!!" I was late picking up Isaac from preschool once because I had to wait while Sam was wetting and combing his hair until it was plastered down.
Now this mama knows something about flat hair but only because I've been fighting
against it on my own head since the tall wall of bangs look was cool back in seventh grade. So it was with some concern for the outcome that I helped Sam out of his crisis by getting out "the tickler" and shoring his beautiful mane. He is, thankfully, ecstatic. And it
is fun to rub, and I sure did not enjoy being yelled at for hair mismanagement, so the good really did out weigh any projected-from-my-tortured-youth bad.
Here's the result: a "flatter" and also strangely blonder Sam...
My last post was created especially for my mother in law...too long to go into, but she has NO CONCEPT of BOUNDARIES...to the point where it seems she is TRYING to ruin her sons' marriages (She only has boys...and is really hurting all of their marriages by inserting herself in their lives WAY further than a MIL should-expecting to live with a newlywed son etc). I was hoping that she might get a little insight by learning from some of MY mom's mistakes
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this great Sammy moment! I have often wished for a similar hair cut. :) Okay, another story for your memory book. When you were about the same age as Sammy, you began to refuse to wear the cute little empire-waist style dresses that filled your closet... because they made you look FAT! So Sammy's hair dilemma may be some sort of karmic revenge, my sweet.
ReplyDeleteLove the cut! He looks great! So glad he's finally at peace with his locks!
ReplyDelete