Every once in a while I get a creative burst and I must do something, usually copy a cute idea from a magazine. Some projects don't get far: a baby-themed cross-stitch started before Sam was born still just 1/3 completed. Some start & stop, but are finally done: recovering the seats on the rattan chairs we brought back from Brazil.
The latest achievement was a stuffed-sock puppy I made for Charlie's birthday. I'm not really happy with the purple ribbon collar (it was just a bit I had around), so it will get changed eventually - maybe when I decided on a name and make a tag for him.But my very most recent little craft was arranging these Valentine carnations into my heart candy dish with floral foam. Cut my left pinky pretty good with my new Pampered Chef kitchen shears, but I did get the festive centerpiece I was hoping for, just in time for dinner last night.

Very impressive! I don't start any projects like that because I never finish any of them! : ) I did get a new cookbook called Deceptively Delicious. It uses vegetable puree to add nutritional value to all sorts of recipes. I felt quite domestic pureeing sweet potatoes to add to our pancakes this week!
ReplyDelete