September 9, 2013

Aquarium in Idaho?!

Yeah, so I was pretty surprised to learn just this past year that there is an aquarium in Boise, the Idaho Aquarium. I saw a homeschooling mom or two post about taking her kids, even raving about it, so figured we better check it out. We did so after one of Isaac's Boise-located soccer matches. I was skeptical when we got there. I mean, how could a tiny warehouse between the mall and a car dealership be all that awesome? And it was pretty expensive! But, to support local business and see what was interesting and unique, we went ahead with our plan. I'm glad we did.
The coolest thing to me was how much was touchable. The typical tidepool stuff like starfish, but also the rays (we got to feed them, for extra $), and lizards (at an aquarium?). There was also an interesting live mangrove display.
I wouldn't go back as often as, say, the zoo but I would go back if we were studying something that could be reinforced by another visit. It's was a fun family activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.