Mark was unfamiliar (despite my attempts to enlighten him) with Imagine Dragons, so I ended up having my good friend Tamara as my "date." We met up with mutual friends Allison & Brett, and Allison's sisters for dinner beforehand at Fork in Boise.
We were a little slow getting to the (general admission) venue - missed one of the two opening bands - but that didn't stop Tamara and I from squeezing our way as front and center as we could. We ended up just a little right of center, and about twelve squished-together bodies from the stage. The weather was perfect for an outdoor concert!
I really dug the opening band we did catch: Nico Vega. Uncoincidentally, the lead singer of that band (Aja Volkman) is the wife of the lead singer of Imagine Dragons (Dan Reynolds) - and they have a baby girl. Knowing that made a lot of the banter they both had with the audience a lot more meaningful. Regardless, I liked the message in Nico Vega's lyrics, as well as Aja's yoga poses.
![]() |
| Not my images, but this one taken from very near where I was standing. |
![]() |
| ^^These photos from Tamara's phone.^^ Below are not. |
It's hard to capture the feel of a live concert with still photos. Here's a little taste of another favorite song of mine (Demons) recorded at our show, but by someone far left of us. (All Tamara's videos have too much bass to be heard; this one kinda does too but not as bad.)










sounds like you had fun. Always follow your bliss.
ReplyDelete