There are a lot of homeschoolers in the Treasure Valley. We are grateful that some have organized themselves to both coordinate field trips and devise an email system to let us all know about the opportunities. My family has lately been taking more advantage of this great system, despite the long drive into Boise for most things.
The other day we got to see a puppet show and tour at the Idaho History Museum. It was way cooler than I expected!
We stayed til we pretty much had to rush home for our haircut appointments. The lovely and talented Miss Melissa came to our house this time, visiting from Twin Falls. Everyone got their hair done except Samuel (whom I will get around to cutting myself one of these days).
Swim lessons and zoo classes are continuing, as is Isaac's soccer season.
In our own community, a new children's theater has popped up. They put on Annie in March, starring a couple little friends of ours, Betsie and Addie. It was a desert theater with cheesecake at intermission and a great job with the staging and lights. We all really enjoyed it! I had to find a copy of the 80s movie version of Annie to let the boys watch that and compare. Finally they know what I'm talking about when I burst into "Tomorrow" or "It's a Hard Knock Life"!
Often my girlfriends and I go out to lunch to celebrate each other's birthdays. I got to do that a couple of times this month. Once was a more intimate group to celebrate Tamara - my massage therapist and recently a much closer friend. Jeannie and Allison (another good friend & my yoga instructor) joined us to try out a cafe in Parma.
Another field trip was to the Franz Bakery in Nampa. Better-than-expected (especially by Sam who was doubtful it would be very interesting to watch people "make bread"). It also resulted in us bringing home some yummy bagels and cinnamon bread. Isaac didn't join us for this one as he was attending a 3-day soccer camp during local Spring Break.
I didn't bring my camera into the bread factory but another family put this photo up on Facebook so I snagged it.
Lastly, for this post, we went to the Discovery Center as a family after one of Isaac's soccer games. We made it to the final day of the Bodies Revealed Exhibit there, too - something I'd been looking forward to seeing.
So many good things to do!













Jealous! I so wanted to see that Bodies Revealed exhibit, but never made it a high enough priority... sigh. you guys are really busy, can't wait to see you next month!
ReplyDelete