The memoirs of a bookwormy, snap-happy, travel loving, peace seeking mom in a voluntarist, unschooling, family.
December 14, 2011
My Amazing Life (Happy Birthday to Me)
These are some of my best girlfriends (with just a couple missing), out to lunch to celebrate mine (and our mutual friend Allison's) birthdays. I am really blessed to have so many good people to lean on and laugh with, right here in little ol' F-land. To me, it's been proof of the Law of Attraction; as I have been grateful for and happy about how many true friendships I've developed here, more wonderful people have come into my life and more old acquaintances have grown closer.
Sometimes my brain doesn't hold onto details very well. Leading up to my birthday lunch, a couple of friends asked how old I was turning. Completely embarrassed that I COULD NOT RECALL, I guessed!! Even funnier? I actually guessed OLDER. The truth is, I am 37 (I've double checked). When did age become of so little importance that I actually stopped keeping track?? My BIL turned 40 a couple days before my birthday and I totally thought he was 39 again. But seriously, age has no hold over me right now - I'm probably the strongest and healthiest I've ever been, at least since high school. My super friend Sarah is partly responsible for that one - being a certified Cross-Fit trainer with a home gym who has let a bunch of us come over 3 times a week for the past year or so (I've been going since April). Me, who kinda hates to "exercise" actually kinda loves to do dead lifts and pull-ups now!
This blog is pretty much all about me counting my blessings so I won't go on and on here about how much joy I get as a mother to my completely FANTASTIC sons, SUPER husband, etc etc. So if you were only reading this to get more info on the amazingness, sorry, you'll have to go back and read a bunch more posts. But I will show you a recent self-portrait I made, because I'm not in front of the lens very often.
And there you have it: 37-year-old me (at least for now, next week maybe I'll forget again and go younger). Now I just need to capture a self portrait with a nice natural SMILE :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Awe, I can't help but be jealous. All the dear friends in my lifetime could fill tables like that, but only one is near me now. Count your blessings, dearie. I'm with you on age, although I am a bit nervous about 35. Jonas was keeping track of my age so that I would get it right with my b-day approaching. Glad your day was special. You do have a pretty great life . . . Glad you enjoy it. Happy Birthday again and you look great in that self-portrait!
ReplyDeleteyou are so gorgeous. I am so glad you have so many friends. I have trouble remembering EVERYONE'S age. but I know the years they were born, so I calculate... go figure.
ReplyDelete