December 29, 2010

David is ONE


Some stats and facts about our sweet David:
He is adored by his family, who call him assorted nick-names like Cuter-Toot and Davey-Doo, and sometimes just Doo-Doo. Occasionally I call him Baby Bug (as Charlie is still often called Bug).
His favorite food is the crusts left over from his brother's sandwiches. Seriously. He also loves Cheerios, thin apple slices, applesauce, oatmeal, grapes, Ritz crackers, cooked carrots and potatoes.
He has six big beautiful teeth that have been there for seems like forever.
He definitely has had the most hair of any brother - at 12 months old he's had two haircuts. The others barely had hair to cut by 18 months.
He is still crawling (but starting to "cruise"). His brothers all walked around 11 months old, but I love that this baby has not become a toddler just yet.
He still sleeps in Mom & Dad's closet, with no plans to move for the time being.
He gets frequent diaper rash on his sensitive skin and had to be switched to chlorine-free organic disposable diapers (because I was/am too wimply to switch to cloth).His first, and still most frequent/best, word is "goal!" which sometimes just means "ball" but also genuinely means "goal." He loves to play with balls of all kinds and can be distracted and made happy pretty easily by getting on the floor with him and passing a ball back and forth - he has a pretty good arm too!
His favorite book is Moo, Baa, La La La by Sandra Boynton. He baas and la-las and clucks his tongue at the various animals.
His favorite song, I think, is I Am a Child of God which is sung or hummed to him at every nap and bedtime, and sometimes seems to be humming along. He also likes lively music and will smile big and bounce to the beat.
Though he still likes being in Mom's arms, he will play pretty happily with balls, Tupperware, blocks, trains, cars, tools, and the school supplies that are accidentally left within his reach.
He went through a long spell of hating to bathe, but recently rediscovered it's pleasures - so long as there is someone in the tub with him.
He delights us every day. I don't know what I would do without a daily dose of David's sweet smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.