Charlie really likes his popsicles on a hot summer day. Which is all of them here in Idaho. Hot.
Charlie still claims to be 5 years old and a "big boy" even though he is only barely BARELY beginning to potty train. He is rather a big boy in some ways though, like how he can get himself dressed, including shoes, "read" scriptures with us, and how he likes to hold "Baby David" on his lap. The other day he thought he'd take it one step further. He lifted up his shirt and said "I feed him for you, Mama." Nice! After I explained that God made it so only a mommy's body could feed a baby he hasn't tried again, but still goes for the cuddling.
Another favorite past time is pretending to be a fireman or a garbage collector. He uses the hose from our canister-style vacuum for the former game and dumps piles of toys around the house for the latter. Sometimes he just says "I go to work. Bye!" and creates some other work, like this...
Yes, all types of workers require the fire fighter boots.
I got his big brothers back into swim lessons this week and this time he was determined to swim as well (he's actually a fantastic little swimmer with his life jacket on) but unfortunately the pool has scaled back what they offer and they don't have a class for him this session. I'll make it up to him with a popsicle.


How big he is getting! And I don't mean just size-wise. His "work" play reminds me of my own brothers back in the dark ages. Can't wait to see you again!
ReplyDelete