This picture taken in SF, so he was nowhere near 4 months old. But still - decent heads' up shot.
(I edited out the drool)
(I edited out the drool)
David has been with us four whole delightful months now. Seems like forever. In a good way!! We can't imagine life without him.
Sam might actually kiss the baby more than I do! Nah. But he dotes on his littlest brother to the extreme.
Let me show you probably my favorite of David's features, his swirl:
These pictures were taken about 3 weeks apart.
I think the swirl is going away with the increasing length. *sigh* Also, his hair seems to be growing in lighter. We'll see. Another thing you gotta check out: He's getting bigger!!
3 1/2 month-old pic... he's even squishier now :)
David is not a very giggly baby. He does coo and vocalize ("converse") with me a few times a day, but he is definitely not a loud, boisterous personality. He does have a very ready smile! He will flash it's gummy goodness at anyone willing to stop for a chat. Put a camera in-between those faces though, and good feeling's gone. (i.e. It's hard to get a really happy picture!)
Do you know what we did for our chubba-love as soon as we got home from California? We pulled all this stuff out of our walk-in closet:
(Okay, not our bed or the mirror but seriously everything else was in our closet!)
And gave him a nursery:
So far, this still hasn't resulted in a whole lot better sleep for him or I. You know what that means... gotta start sleep training.
Serious business, Mom.
Actually, I think he'll get the hang of it quickly ("it" being sleeping 5-6 hour stretches - or more - at night). He can get himself to sleep for naps pretty easily, and he is always doing a long stretch in the morning (from like 5-10am). When he wakes up after some nice dreamy hours he is always super smiley and content.
Time is flying, as it is wont to do. I'm so grateful for each moment David has been with us, and look forward to each new day. (Really. I do. Even if it seems like I'm grumpy from lack of sleep or a whiny 3-yr-old or runaway 5-yr-old... :)








He is a very cute baby, though a serious one. Thanks for the posts about your vacation. I love the beautiful pictures and the stories. You are awesome.
ReplyDeleteCannot wait to see him in person! interesting hair develooment - good you are documenting it.
ReplyDeleteYour boys are all adorable Kerri! It's obvious you were built to be a mother to boys (not saying you won't have daughters). You're amazing at it! Thanks for setting such a great example for me :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete