March 23, 2010

New Sport for Isaac

I'm so thankful that back in the fall some friends let us know about Upwards Basketball. If sign-ups hadn't been that early, perhaps I'd have wimped out (new baby and all) and we would have missed out on all the fun this winter.
Isaac had practice every Thursday and games every Saturday. Upwards strives to not only teach the fundamentals of the sport, but to make it a really positive Christian environment as well - hosted by the Nazarene church.
When the season started, David was just a couple days old and again I'm so thankful for friends who gave Isaac rides to & from practice. When he could, Mark went to practice with him and often they stayed late so that Mark could really concentrate on certain skills as needed, like dribbling...
...and passing and shooting...
Isaac took well to the idea of guarding and often frustrated his opponents.
I only brought the still camera to one game, but took video every time - that meant a LOT of footage to sort through. Here is the highlight reel for your enjoyment:

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the film editing, Kerri! The half-court play seems in perfect proportion to their size. It looks like he had a really good time. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.