Yet another soccer season finished here in the Payette County Rec League. The other times Isaac has played (three seasons? four?) I was always beyond ready for the final game. Not this time. I'm bummed. He's just warming up! Seeing as I'm not aware of any other leagues around here (let me know if I'm wrong), and playing with your dad in the backyard can only teach you so much, I'm thinking about family outings to various parks where the futbolistas will be playing all summer long. Another idea is to try to organize a casual group to practice and/or play mock games with between rec seasons. (Interested?) Now I know it's every kids' dream to be the big scorer - the next Zidane or Pele - but Isaac is a natural at defense. And (much more to the point) the only video I have of him this year is as goalie. Thus the reference to Banks, who made the greatest save in "football" history by blocking a perfect Pele header during the 1970 World Cup. (Yeah, I Googled that.) Without further ado, here's the measly 8 seconds of Division I action...
I can't believe how much your first-born has grown. I look back on that first year he was doing soccer nad it seems so long ago - and just yesterday!
ReplyDelete