April 3, 2009

Developing Our Talents

The other day, Isaac was busy on this self-inflicted geography work... Sam was being his natural baker-man self, helping with the lemon poppy-seed muffins...Meanwhile, Charlie set up this entire train universe completely (and contentedly) by himself! (For those of you without boys/train sets, it can be complicated for anyone to get the configuration right to connect the tracks into an irregular loop, plus there's certain polarity to the train magnets that can make it frustrating to get the engines & cars hooked up the way a child wants.)

I'm constantly studying ways to be a better teacher, to be the very best facilitator of their education possible. Days like this show me how innate and easy devoloping our talents really can be. Each of my boys truly never cease to amaze me.

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect zen family/parenting moment. The joy of seeing your boys mature begins to surpass the "loss" of babiness. Sam has an unplumbed depth of talents and I am impressed with Isaac's penmanship! Grandma says Yaay! to everyone!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen. To being amazed, I mean.

    I have three boys, too, including an Isaac. So that pretty much means we were meant to be friends. ;o)

    Also, I have to tell you that I LOVED your hate/love diapers post. Brilliant! And the nudie picture made me laugh. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.