Ah, young love. Oh wait, we were mid-to-late twenties. Is that still considered "young love"? Well, we sure look young anyway! I thought it would be fun to scan in these pre-digital-age photos for Planet M's Monday Memories. The first image was one of our early-on dates, I'm fairly certain. And it was taken with a Polaroid, for goodness' sake! I think we were at a comedy club.
Next, I dragged Mark to a Study Abroad: London reunion party. Not like our next date, just the next decent picture of us I could find. I remember taking him here was a semi-big deal to me (in my immature brain) because I'd had a little crush on one of my fellow reunioners so bringing Mark was a demonstration of commitment. Good thing it worked out! (Just kidding.) Side note: I miss that black turtleneck.
Here we are dancing? (Ignore my crazy eyes.) I don't have any notes or dates on most of my older pictures, but this was taken at my dad's apartment, and my hair is much longer, so we must've been pretty serious by then. Before we were engaged, I managed to tag along on a trip his family took to Alaska...
.jpg)
Here we are at a viewpoint by (on?) Mount McKinley. We flew up to Alaska (from Idaho) with Mark's dad and his fairly newlywed sister and brother-in-law in a small plane (piloted by dad, co-piloted by Mark). The rest of the family met us in Anchorage via commercial flights, then we piled into a couple of RVs. Yeah, I did that with his family before I got a ring!
Sweet! I don't think I have seen most of those photos. You certainly look young to me!
ReplyDeleteCan you imagine what "dating" photos of Chris & me look like - 24 years later? I like yours better!
Those are such fun pictures! ANd I am sure glad you came on that trip to Alaska too...lots of fun memories. Didn't we share a bunk bed together?
ReplyDeleteThat is serious commitment traveling w/ the inlaw's family before even the ring! ;-) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete~angela @ peonypatch
Oh my gosh, you guys look very young! These photos are great. I love that you mention missing your black turtleneck! Now I know I'm not the only one that looks at old photos and thinks things like that!
ReplyDeleteThank you for linking to your post in Monday Memories!
Here through Monday Memories. :)
ReplyDeleteThese photos look like they could have been taken recently - a cool hip couple. :)
Ah, you two are such a cute couple. And what memories! It looks like you guys had some amazing adventures.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Great photos and a great story! Going to Alaska with our RV is on our list of things we want to do! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete~Kim
Very very cute pictures! That's a fun blog entry!
ReplyDeletewhat sweet photos! :) you look so cute together
ReplyDelete