January 19, 2009

Random Sampler vol.1

Observations from each family member. The first in what could become a montly post.

Isaac asks, out of the blue, "If the Galapagos are on a Hot Spot, does that mean the islands were made from volcanoes?" Umm, yes dear; I think so. He proceeds to draw a series of pictures with underwater volcanoes eventually forming islands with fabulous animals on them. This is, I think, the first one.


I'm sharing this ad on behalf of Mark, and in the spirit of Inauguration Day:

"Communists and Socialists and Marxists of America unite! We finally have a real president who holds our values dear. We support Obama because he wants to nationalize health care, take money from hard-working Americans to give to the poor, and make one class of people. Hooray for communism! Hooray for Obama! Hooray for Obamunism! (That whole democracy thing just wasn't working out anyway.) So, if you are anti-Obama or anti-Democrat (or just totally in love with Obama's Communism, Socialism, or Marxism...freak,) you want this shirt."

Charlie's favorite "toy" is a hammer. Really. More than balls, cats, chocolate milk, anything, he wants to play with a real hammer.

He calls it "ham" of course. His second fave is a real screwdriver. We try to keep the toolbox far away from him, but if he spots one of these tools on a counter he will monkey his way to ownership fast as, well, a crafty little monkey.

Sorry to use this word, but really I pretty much hate the in-blog music players! Let me count the ways. 1. We don't all have the same taste in music. Ahem. 2. Say it's late at night that I'm catching up on my bloglist, your first track comes crashing through my cozy silence, possibly waking my children. 3. Perhaps I already have music playing, or maybe I want to watch a video that's on your blog... 4. It's really annoying to have to scroll all the way to the bottom to stop your player. 5. If you must inflict your favorite songs on your blog viewers, please put the player in the sidebar so that discerning visitors can put an end to the madness as quickly as possible. Thank you!

At dinner last night, Sam throws this thought at us: "If I was Tasha and Uniqua said 'Grab the ropes!' I would just grab the ropes. But I'm not Tasha, I'm Sam." Glad we got that straight. I think he does sometimes wish he were Austin, Pablo, or Tyrone though.

And why does he have an oral fixation all of a sudden? His shirts get soggy from him chewing on them. Eww, I know.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! A lot of content for one post. Can't agree with you more about the music thing. There is one site I buy clothes from that has a pop up after your purchase is complete that yells "HI!! blah,blah, blah" and I can't turn it off fast enough. I just keep my computer muted half the time because of the unwanted intrusions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, and do NOT give Charlie a "real" saw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I have to somewhat agree with music thing. I usually mute everyone else's and just listen to mine. I hope mine's easy enough access to turn off for you!! ha

    And I really like the Backyardigans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerri - I am so with you about the music. If there is music on a blog I am less likely to revisit :) and thanks for the lost update - it makes me think I need to find a refresher course b/c I didn't follow all of it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.