May 31, 2008

Storytellers

As a gift to Isaac's preschool teacher, we recorded Isaac reading (she wanted to make sure I captured his speed & accuracy for posterity). The book we picked, North America, is a little long so I'll just share the end with you:


It's so great that Isaac can entertain himself and also his brothers. But Isaac isn't the only storyteller anymore. Sam loves to weave his own yarn, so to speak. This creative talent began to show long ago with the quirky songs he makes up at bedtime and has evolved to include rambling nonsensical stories that Isaac thoroughly enjoys & encourages.

In this clip, I cut his introduction where he enumerates the characters ("Four people, two cats, seven bears..." numbers are very important to Sam right now) but you'll still get lots of typical Sam action (fires and explosions). [Clarification - in the beginning, Sam says the people are "so... cross" because they want their baby cats back - it sounds like "k wos"]:

5 comments:

  1. Precious! Isaac is amazing! That is very very impressive! What a talented kid. And Sam, love the expression and emotion! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such talented kidos. Isaac's voice is so sweet. Sam's so entertaining. Is he like that all the time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I can't wait to see them next week. Hattie will certainly be entertained by all of Sam's excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having witnessed both these videos in the making, I can attest to not only the sweetness of the two boys, but also that these are accurate protrayals of their individual talents. And wait till you see Charlie with a mop! No grandmother's prejudice here, mind you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are adorable! Thanks for sharing your web page with me. It's a great way to keep up with you.

    BillyD

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.